Frequently Asked Questions
Glad to help answer your questions. Below are some of the most common ones!
Location, location, location! North Bismarck is a happening place with many new community additions in the last few years, with readily available access to schools, retailers, restaurants, and recreation opportunities! In addition, Summit Point at Hawktree was strategically designed next to Hawktree Golf Course, which has received many awards including Top #100 Golf Courses by GOLF Magazines for its picturesque backdrop and course features. Both community and location are very important aspects when selecting a lot for your dream home!
What does the neighborhood have to offer? If you are interested in amenities, activities, views, and convenience then Summit Point is a great option.
- A rural development unlike any others in our community with a heavy focus on open spaces, a community center and outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Future community center situated on a stunning golf course view lot, and will include a pool, workout center, gathering space, and access to a sledding hill for winter activity.
- Proposed trail access to the Hawktree Golf Course Clubhouse.
- Variety of lot types and sizes.
- 20+ acres of designated open amenity space in the first phase.
- All lots will have access to primary services including natural gas, high speed internet and paved roadways.
- Fully master-planned over a nearly 1,000-acre area with future plans providing additional amenities and features.
- Located with the Bismarck Public School District for attendance at Elk Ridge Elementary, Horizon Middle School, and Century High School and minutes away from the numerous amenities including restaurants, retail services, Hawktree Golf Course’s Clubhouse and recreation in northwest Bismarck.
The design and layout of the Summit Point neighborhood can be found on the plat map.
Summit Point 1st Addition has over 80 new lots with a large variety of lot types and sizes making it suitable for nearly any house plan you can dream up.
The Covenants are rules that are established to set a clear standard that is enforced to maintain the look and feel of the neighborhood, protect property value and provide peace of mind of what to expect in the community. The Summit Point Homeowner’s Association (HOA) is a governing body within the planned community that serves several important roles. It helps enforce rules for the properties and its residents that reside inside of the subdivision as outlined in the covenants. These include architectural guidelines, maintenance of common areas and amenities within the development. The HOA bylaws allow the association to enforce the covenants. The Summit Point Homeowner’s Association will also feature an Architectural Review Committee that reviews the design submissions and works with property owners and builders to maintain high standards of quality and architectural harmony in the neighborhood. Draft Covenants and HOA Bylaws are available to review.
Key items the Covenants will address:
- Underground pools are permitted.
- No requirements currently exist for having to build a home on a lot within a certain period of time and you are allowed to work with any builder of your choice.
- Certain lots, typically the larger lots in each Subdivision will allow for outbuildings to be constructed, so long as they match exterior aesthetics of the home. Please inquire with the Developer to verify which lots will allow for immediate or future construction of outbuildings.
- Perimeter lot fences are not permitted. The Architecture Review Committee may allow special requests for certain types of requests on examples like gardens, pet runs, etc.
- Restrictions to prevent permanent or semi-permanent parking of items such as campers, boats, RV’s, etc.
The benefit of Architectural Review is two-fold. First, the community in which you plan to live will maintain its attractive appearance with standards. Second, if the community maintains its attractive appearance, the value of all properties in the community will be retained at a higher level than if there were no Architectural Review and approval
Special Assessments and Taxes:
Situated in Burleigh County the current properties are located outside of Bismarck City limits which impact special assessments and taxes in favor of the owners of property with lower overall costs associated with taxes and special assessments compared to property inside the city.
The current special assessment for these properties is zero and in general, the property taxes for rural residential lots are less than that of a comparable lot inside of the Bismarck City limits. For the taxes, you can visit the county’s property tax website or by contacting city officials directly.
Utilities are a vital element of your lot investment here is what is included:
- Electricity provided by Capital Electric.
- Natural gas provided by MDU.
- High Speed Internet provided by BEK and Midco.
- Sewer provided in the form of a community septic system for certain lots (system costs included into the lot price) or individual septic systems with drain fields on other lots.
- Water provided by South Central Regional Water District (1-time membership payment may apply).
Road access is important, especially in a rural residential setting, and Summit Point is located directly off of State Highway 1804 just minutes north of Bismarck. The development’s roadways will all be fully paved with ongoing roadway maintenance and snow removal covered by Burleigh County.
All buildable areas in Summit Point are located outside the 500-year Floodplain.
Future Community Center:
One of the hallmark components to the Summit Point project is the plan for a community center located on a 5+ acre golf course facing lot complete with gathering space, a fitness center, outdoor pool and access to a sledding hill allowing this to be an amenity that can be used throughout the year.
Final design and then construction on the community center project is slated to begin shortly after the sale of 70% of the lots in this immediate 1st Subdivision.
Ready to reserve yours?
Here is what to anticipate!
As pres-ales go live interested parties should complete Lot Interest webform so we can draft paperwork to secure the desired lot for purchase.
The pre-sale process for available lots in Summit Point 1st Subdivision will begin by submitting the Lot Interest webform. This will provide us the information needed to begin drafting the Agreement for securing your lot. Once the information is received, we will reach out to confirm the details and discuss your selection.
A down payment (approximately 10% of the price of the lot) will be required within 14 days of signing your Agreement. The Executed Agreement along with the collection of the down payment fully secures your lot.
Final closing on the lot you have under contract will occur within 30 days of substantial completion of the project, currently estimated to be Fall 2023.
We will walk you through each of these steps as the process plays out but feel free to reach out at any point with questions on the purchasing process.
Note: The down payment is credited towards your final payment on the lot upon closing. The down payment is nonrefundable after it is collected should you elect to terminate your agreement and not purchase your lot. If a different available lot is preferred at a future date before the lot closing occurs, then you will be allowed to amend the sales agreement to purchase an alternative lot at Summit Point with the pricing adjusted based off any pricing difference.
Development Completion Timeline:
When can I make it mine? The toughest question of all is there’s no one-size fits-all timeline for real estate development, especially when North Dakota’s weather plays a role. We anticipate lot closings to begin in the Fall of 2023 with the ability to start home construction immediately after the lot closing.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
We have been involved in over 200 lot sale transactions since 2019 and are here to help you throughout this process.